Re: [APD] intellectual property

>>Good question...............EI was being heavily discussed and I felt that
it was Tom Barr's story to tell....and not swiped and published by somebody
else.   If I did a rewrite or update of that book, I would probably ask Tom
if it would be ok to include.<<

Well its nice that you want to do that out of respect for Tom, but unless
you copy  some writing of his, there is no need for it. A person can not
claim ownership of an idea or method, particularly when it becomes
widespread. Scott Hieber has written about the EI method in Aquarium Fish
International magazine and I wrote about it in my column in Freshwater and
Marine Aquarium magazine. I didn't make it my own, and it certainly was not
to rip off anyone, but it was a simple discussion about a widely used method
by hobbyists on the internet. Its like the first person to figure out a DIY
yeast C02 system. Just because someone came up with the idea and put it on
the internet, it doesn't mean nobody else can ever write about such a
system.

Maybe Mary Sweeney could weigh in on this since she is the former editor of
TFH and currently a book editor for Microcosom...

Anyone see the April issue of TFH magazine yet? :)

Robert Paul Hudson
www.aquabotanic.com