Re: [APD] Fluoride in water

Moishe Wasserman wrote:

> Has anyone here ever taken steps to filter fluoride for (more
> importantly) their drinking water, and since this is a forum for
> aquaria plants, for their aquariums???

Moishe,

It is my understanding that fluoride is found in natural drinking water
supplied by wells. Over the years, it was discovered that communities
that had a natural supply of fluoride, suffered fewer cavities from
decay, which was prevented by the natural fluoride.

As scientists and politicians got involved, they started spiking the
city supplied water system with fluoride to share the benefits.

I don't know if it is harmful to aquaria fish at natural levels.

Maybe someone else on the list knows better.

--
Harry Martin
Casper, WY