[APD] indoor koi t outdoor pond

Hiya,

don't know who else to ask except maybe the local fish shop which
isn't open yet.  Thanks to a local Freecycle, we're getting a few 5-6
inch long Koi that have been indoors.  We will be putting them outdoor
in our pond.  the local temp has been 30's at the lowest usually about
40 to a hi of 50.  Obviously, no ice.  Our pond currently has goldfish
that are pretty slowed down for winter.

Can I just equilibrate the water temps between new fish temp and pond
and let them go or do I need to do some sort of multiday slow
cooling?  If so, I have some 5 gallon buckets that would be temp homes
and could go in and outside.  Suggestions?

Thanks for the advice this past year, I think my BGA problem is
lessening, but I'm going slow.

happy new year to all,

John F. Hess, Davis California   johnfhess at comcast_net