Re: [APD] Black Algae

On Dec 26, 2007 1:25 PM, Stuart Halliday <stuart at mytriops_com> wrote:

> I just got 3 more SAE last week to keep my lone 5" SAE company. Though
> it'll
> be some time before they're his size, they're only 1" long atm.

This tends to be the problem with SAEs for algae patrol -- they are
schooling fish, prefer being in a group of at least 6 and are not exactly
small fish when full grown.  What I have done in the past is to get a group
of 6 - 9 juveniles and return them to the LFS when they are large.  We both
win, as many people want large ones and I'd rather have a school.

While they aren't particularly colorful SAEs are among my favorite fish to
watch, right up there with yoyo loaches and skunk botias.
--
Liz