Re: [APD] GE "Daylight" CF screw-in bulbs?

I believe Jerry Baker wrote this email section below:
> David Marshburn wrote:
>> my current strip CF fixture is dying.  i'm thinking about replacing it
>> with a couple of pendants like these:
>> http://www.potterybarn.com/products/p3442/index.cfm?pkey=clgthngpen
>> with 2x "100W" screw-in CF bulbs.
>
> Far as I know, CFLs are essentially just T5 bulbs all twisted up. Except
> for some inefficiency due to restrike, I don't know why they'd be any
> better or worse than any other set up. Might be the least expensive way
> to get a pendant light. You can get much brighter bulbs than 100W
> equivalent if need be.

True. I've got a equiv. 500W screw-in CF. 6400K 105W. Rated 8000 Hours.
Site claims it's optimised for plant growth.
Only £15.

Oddly whilst energy saving bulb companies don't say so on their web site,
they often can offer 'daylight' versions if you email or phone them.

One disadvantage:
I've yet to see a water sealed ES fitting though, my CF light fittings all
use a transparent plastic box to keep water out. Not very efficient as this
plastic needs repeated cleaning.
Do they have them across the Pond?

Then again, is the gap between the tubes entering the CF casing waterproof?
Somehow I doubt it.

--
Stuart Halliday
http://mytriops.com/