Re: [APD] Growing Conditions

Sandy

Substrate: Attach to wood or rocks until they attach themselves via the
roots. Don't plant the rhizome in the substrate. It will rot.

Light: subdued, low light: 1 to 1.5 watts per gallon will work. Or grow in
the shade of other plants in high light tanks. I had some growing in a sump
attached to rocks in a tank covered 90% with duckweed. They were in really
dim light. No algae on the leaves and nice growth. In higher light, you can
see green spot algae.

Water: I had mine in a Lake Tanganyika water tank: pH 8.5, very hard water
via added Seachem Lake salts, High Alkalinity via Seachem buffer. Others
grow in soft water acid water. Lesson- water parameters don't matter. You
can also grow them in a terrarium/paludarium without water as long as you
have high humidity.

Jerry Smith
Bloomingdale, NJ