[APD] Giant water bug

http://www.eduwebs.org/bugs/giant_water_bug.htm

I was just telling somebody today how I was a bit cavalier about
using unsteriized sand from a local lake.

"It's been sitting without fish for months, I'm not worried about
fish lice and stuff like that - without a fish host any parasite
would die. So what's the worst I can have left? Snails?"

I was siphoning out water today of this still fishless tank and
began to siphon out this big brown leaf. Until it sawm away.

This bug was the nastest biggest meanest looking mofo I've ever
seen. Almost 3 inches long and vicous looking I snapped a few pictures
of it then dumped it in the river.

There are not words to convey how scary looking this thing is.

It's like it came in on the Nostramo.

Geesh.

--

  X   AGAINST HTML MAIL    / http://new.killi.net