[APD] DIY light meter for the aquarium

        How useful would be a simple DIY light meter with the following specifications?

        1-200 Lux
        Works on 4 batteries.
        Can be calibrated, linear response.
        Very cheap with very few components.
        Some soldering required!

        The DIY meter in my opinion would be very useful in providing an arbitrary reference of light output. Long term checking/monitoring will indicate when the aquarium lights need replacement.

        I have not built it as yet, I am awaiting a few crucial components from the US. Its too simple not to work! Maybe some of the DIY enthusiasts of APD can try it faster!

Cheers

--
Raj, vu2zap
Bengaluru, South India.