Re: [APD] China Syndrome

Liz Wilhite wrote:
> Interestingly, within 4 weeks of the pet food issue China was lobbying
> Congress to not enact such labeling requirements.  And I haven't heard
> another word about it.

What I find somewhat annoying is that the very politicians and corporate
executives who most loudly protest regulation as an impediment to "free
markets" are the same ones who actively seek to PROHIBIT the efficient
function of a free market. By that I mean they seek to prohibit the
consumer from receiving certain information about the products they
purchase (think of how it is illegal to inform customers whether or not
a product contains genetically modified crops). As any economist knows,
a free market cannot function properly without consumer access to
information.

Wow, this thread has devolved.