Re: [APD] No Seachem EQ

You're not "really lousy at this" at all you found a rather obvious and
glaring error.

The result is 1/4 the strength it should be.

Looking at my notes, the problem is I list 2000 ml of distilled water. It
should be
500ml of distilled water. When I scaled the recipe up (to fill a regular 2L soda
pop bottle) it looks as though I changed the amount of water but not the
amount of
chemicals.

I blame my children for distracting me in the middle of an edit. And the
cat. And George Bush.

According to Wikipedia, the soluability of KN03 in water is 35.7 g/100 ml so it
should dissolve just fine.

No wonder my plants grew better last year.

I've corrected my site and am about to mix up a batch tonight. I expect it'll
all dissolve just fine in the new increased concentration but will write again
if there's a problem.

Thanks!

At 10:18 AM 10/21/07 +0800, Sn!per wrote:
>Quoting "Richard J. Sexton" <richard at aquaria_net>:
>
>> Here's what I use:
>> http://aquaria.net/articles/plants/fertsols/
>>

>Am a bit confused on the dosage amount. On that website it says "3 times a
week add 10 ml for a 20 gallon tank....This will add 30 ppm nitrate a week
to a tank with corresponding correct proportions for the other macronutrtients"

(http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua/art_plant_dosage_calc.htm), I will input these:

>(Nitrate in Potassium Nitrate)
>Amount to add:
>Grams: 61
>Amount of water to mix with: 2000ml
>Tank Size: 20gallons
>Each ML of this solution that you add to your tank will add: 0.25 ppm Nitrate
>
>So, if I take 0.25ppm Nitrate (1 mL) and multiply that by 10 (to get 10mL)
for each dose, and dose the 20gallon tank 3 times a week, I will only get
7.5ppm Nitrate.

--

  X   AGAINST HTML MAIL    / http://new.killi.net
 / \  AND POSTINGS        / http://images.aquaria.net