[APD] Computer history

At 08:37 10/18/2007, you wrote:
> > That's after my time. I had to work with a computer that had 256 bytes of
> > RAM. You could upgrade it to 512 bytes for a large sum...
> > Cambridge Mk 14 IIRC.

You guys are kids.  My first machine was an IBM 704 at Hunter's Point
Naval Shipyard.  It had a manual (non-electric) keypunch.   The
printer used wiring boards for programming.  Real tubes.  Ran
diagnostics all night.  1959!   I am about to celebrate my fiftieth
year in programming.   43 languages used.

--
Dave Gomberg, San Francisco   NE5EE     gomberg1 at wcf dot com
All addresses, phones, etc. at http://www.wcf.com/ham/info.html