I had come to know this as "amano style" because all of his tanks were
set like that one, what I know now to be "Iwagumi" style.  I always
suspected that he over-maintained his tanks (If there is such a thing)
and surely enough, he's always clipping here and there, and the men
and women who work for him are extremely cautious when they touch his
tanks.

You may sense a bit of envy, but I think that style is too high
maintenance for a realistic personal or family tank scenario.  I've
learned over the years that the more you touch and dabble with your
plants, the worse you make things.  The best is to KISS (Keep It
Simple Stupid).

Moishe