On Wed, 17 Oct 2007, Bob Crosby wrote:

> [mailto:aquatic-plants-bounces at actwin_com] On Behalf Of Moishe Wasserman
>
> Speaking of which, what happened to the krib?  That site hasn't been updated
> in years.  The guy who owned it based his whole website on emails to this
> list.  Was a fantastic place to learn anything and everything about the
> plant part of the hobby.

Life intervenes... you find that many of the posts are answering the same
questions, and there are few interesting "new" answers... you find
yourself president of the AGA... you find yourself having to write and
maintain the code for said organization's aquascaping contest website (far
more complicated than The Krib ever was)... you find yourself having to
install and maintain one of those icky web forum things... you find
yourself more interested in producing DVD's of aquatic plant
presentations... and maybe even have kids... and you find your are
changing the water in the fishroom only once per quarter.

The thing about The Krib was that it was my own personal archive, it was
my own filing system of informational tidbits I used to learn about the
hobby.  And the mailing list + usenet postings really do lend themselves
to archives of this type.  The posts were like little articles.  Forums
don't lend themselves to this.  You tend to either get everything or
nothing.  And they tend to be more like "chats" than articles.

Maybe some point in the future I'll get a resurgence of interest in
clipping n saving things, but for now...

   - Erik

--
Erik Olson
erik at thekrib dot com