[APD] moving

I find myself moving from Birmingham, Alabama to Grand Junction, Colorado USA
~1600 miles in December. I have a 70 gal heavily planted and 55 gal few plants
tanks with fish that are family. I am trying to optimize the trip and was
planning to drain tanks into new garbage cans with some floating plants, leave a
little water in the big tank for the few fish I know I will not be able to
catch, cover tanks with news paper, put air stone and heater to battery back up
in the garbage cans and hope for the best. I would love to hear if anyone has
any ideas or experience with long moves. It will take about 3-4 days and they
will be in a closed truck. I can put blankets around cans and tanks to help hold
heat. All suggestions welcome,
Pat