Re: [APD] 8 year old Trace element mix

Quoting "Richard J. Sexton" <richard at aquaria_net>:

> At 07:42 AM 10/16/07 +0800, you wrote:
> >A friend gave me an unused trace element in powder form that he purchased
> from Homegrown Hydroponics way back in 1999. This is the #6 stuff from
> http://www.hydroponics.com/info/aquatics/pmdd.htm , ie:
> > #6 Chelate Trace element (Fe 7%, B 1.3%, Mn 2%, Zn 0.4%, Cu 0.1%, Mo
> 0.06%)
> >
> >Since the mix is already 8 years, can I safely use that stuff to fertilize
> my aquatic plants?
>
> Yes.

Thanks everyone for the reply.

According to the link on the website (above), the mixture together with some other chemicals are to be dissolved in distilled water.

Couple of years back, I can easily find stores selling distilled water for contact lens usage I think. Now, I can only find a product from Klean & Kare (http://www.anblab.com/product/nutrient.html) called Normal Saline Solution (Sterile Isotonic Sodium Chloride Solution). It is contained in a 500ml plastic bottle. On the bottle it is stated that it is For Cleaning Purpose. And also this: Each 100mL contains Sodium Chloride 0.9g, Once opened, discard unused portion after 30 days.

I wonder if the solution can be used to brew PMDD?

And btw, I have a mineral pot at home. Would it be better for me to use water produced from the pot instead? What about brewing PMDD using water straight from the tap?

I really really appreciate advises here. TIA.

--
roger