Re: [APD] Moving to another aquarium

At 06:49 PM 10/16/07 +0200, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I had to move some plants and some fishes from a leaking full tank on a table
>to another tank that is now empty of the floor...
>
>But it has to go on the table in place of the other !
>About 150l of water and 50 kg of glass !!
>

>Any step by step suggestion welcomen...

The rule of thumb is you can move a tank that's no more than 1/3 full.

So... siphob 1/3 of the water into the tank on the floor.

Save as much as the water as you can in other containers (new
store bought plastic garbage cans work, or older plastic garbage cans
cleaned very well they sterilized with bleach and then with alcohol).

Move the old tank off the table.

Move the new tank to the table.

Put the water back in.

--