[APD] Scientific, Controlled Study on Effectiveness of Inoculation

While searching for something totally unrelated I came across an article
outlining a study of the effectiveness of adding bacteria to aquariums
to speed up the nitrification cycle. The analysis of ammonia, nitrites,
and nitrates were not done with our crummy hobbyist test kits either,
but with a spectrophotometer. As it turns out, the product tested did
contain live nitrifying bacteria. It seems to have aided nitrification
in the experiment somewhat.

http://courses.mbl.edu/SES/data/project/2002/leahy.pdf

--
Jerry Baker