Re: [APD] plant weights

For goodness sakes, I'm sure you're clever enough to figure this one out without any help.

sh

----- Original Message ----
From: Aqua Botanic <aquabotanic at comcast_net>
To: aquatic-plants at actwin_com
Sent: Wednesday, September 5, 2007 9:22:56 PM
Subject: Re: [APD] plant weights

>>Why not use plain steel washers and nuts. When they rust, they will
add iron to the substrate. I think I remember someone doing that before.<<

And what pray tell keeps the washers or nuts from just sliding right off the
stems? And if you are lucky enough to actually find a washer with a small
enough hole to fit snuggly onto three to five plant stems, it would cut thru
the stems  in about 2  seconds,  or the weight of it would  break the stems
in less time than that... of course I am not a scientist what do I know.