Re: [APD] lead strips

>>I think most of the strip style weights on plants in stores are lead
free.  I believe they are magnesium.<<

Nope. Not the case. Florida Aquatic Nurseries uses lead strips, and since
90% of the plants sold in the USA come from FAN, I think its a pretty good
chance it's lead. The fear of using lead strips in aquariums is way over
blown in my opinion, but there are alternatives.  There is something called
Plant Anchors, which is a soft, flexible plastic disk with X shaped slits in
the center. You push the stems through the slits. It holds the plant firmly
without damaging it. You bury it in your substrate about an inch deep and wa
la... you are all set. The stems are securely held in place without
resticting growth  and no worries about lead poisoning. They are pretty
inexpensive. I have big box full of them and I keep forgetting to put them
on my WEB site.

Robert Hudson
www.aquabotanic.com