[APD] Disappearing (??) Algae Eating Shrimp

Last weekend I put 5 very small AES in my tank.  A day later, I couldn't see
any of them.  Now I do know they're very good at disappearing, and these
guys are very hard to see since they're so small.  I do see one of them in
the middle at the base of one of my crypts, and it seems to be munching and
munching away, probably on little teeny bits of dead plant matter down
there.  I don't see the other 4.

I'm wondering if any of my fish could have made a snack of them.  Would
clown loaches, for example, be able to eat an AES?  I guess if they can eat
snails, they can eat these, but I don't know.

Thanks.
Gitte