Re: [APD] CO2 takes awhile to make drop checker green

At 09:00 8/15/2007, aquatic-plants-request at actwin_com wrote:
>I'm going to guess not enough CO2?  2 bubbles per second isn't much for
>a tank that size.    --Mike
>On 8/14/2007 2:05 PM JimJen said the following:
> > Hi,  My pressurized CO2 system takes awhile to make drop checker
> green, around
> > 5-6 hours. How long does yours take? Just wondering if I have mine set up
> > correctly.

I would propose this is due to a high kH and hence the ability to
take up a fair amount of CO2 before the pH changes much.   But I
could be wrong....

--
Dave Gomberg, San Francisco   NE5EE     gomberg1 at wcf dot com
All addresses, phones, etc. at http://www.wcf.com/ham/info.html