[APD] New plants in America!

Hello all,

I havn't posted here in ages. Nice to see the forum is still hanging on. For
the benefit of all those who are still not visiting aquaticplantcentral.com
I thought I would announce here some important new developments for the
hobby here in America!

For the past year I have been working very closely with Florida Aquatic
Nurseries, the largest commercial producer of aquatic plants in the USA,
America's version of Tropica.  As a result, they are now in the process of
adding several new plants to their production line as well as importing
select plants.

A couple months ago they released from mass production potted
HEMIANTHUS CALLITRICHOIDES, and a couple weeks ago HC grown on driftwood. I
sold 500 pots of HC in six weeks. They are also now mass producing Ludwigia
cuba, Monoselinium tenerum, (Pellia), and Hygrophila balsimica.

In coming weeks mass production of Pogostemon helferi, Ludwigia inclinata
and Cyperus helferi will be available to the market.  They have already
replaced all their stock of standard Lobelia cardinalis with the 'small
form'. Their standard Java fern is now narrow leaf java fern, ( not the
needle leaf, but the 2" wide, long leaf)

They will be importing all the OA Anubias cultivars, (nana petite, nana
eyes, marble leaf, golden, narrow leaf, stardust), Limnophila hippuroides,
Pogostemon stellata, Limnophila aromatica, L. ovalis, Cabomba furcata,
various Echinodorus hybrid/cultivars, (not the obscure German ones), and
several others, mostly on my behalf.

Although I would like to think I am their primary distributor of these
plants, I do not have any exclusive arrangement. The overall success of
these plants will depend primarily on their stores/retailers willingness to
take a chance with these new plants and the stores success in selling them,
which comes down to you folks in America. Soon you may find HC in Petsmart
or Petco, or Ludwigia cuba! Wouldn't that seem strange! Florida Aquatic does
not sell direct to any hobbyist, and rarely direct to any retailer, but 90%
of retailers who sell plants are selling Florida Aquatic  plants, whether
they realize it or not.

It's up to people like Scott Hieber and Rhonda Wilson who write magazine
columns to promote these plants being available in this country for the
first time on a mass scale! I have already written about in my column in
FAMA. Get the word out!

I came to the conclusion over a year ago that if this hobby was ever really
going to grow  in this country, and if I was going to stay in business, then
these plants would have to be easily accessible in this country instead of
from XYZ in Singapore or Malaysia. Now you can go to any aquarium store and
buy HC. Next time you are tempted to order plants or bid on Aquabid from
XYZ, go to your LFS and ask them to get it for you... tell them to give me a
call. I will hook them up! <wink>

I'll be in Brooklyn New York in September. Come throw tomatoes at me if you
dare!

Happy gardening

Robert Paul Hudson
www.aquabotanic.com