I concur.  I always suspect that my brushing the little disc is what fudged
it up.  I would use a pure bleach solution followed by a bath in pure water,
and then at first a strong brush scrub and then lightly - a step I would now
altogether skip.

Moishe

I also soak it in bleach whenever I think it needs it.  Generally, since