[APD] cleaning diffuser and CO2

Since I work in a lab, I brought my diffusser in and soaked it in 10N NaOH (concentrated lye, or draino) overnight, rinsed it well, used an air line to blow air through it in the same direction as the CO2, then soaked it overnight in conc HCl.  More rinsing and blowing out and it makes pretty little bubbles from most of the surface.  I hadn't done anything to it for 6 months, it was green and is now discolored yellow in spots.

thanks for the info about fire extinguishers.  I went to a welding place and I think paid $26 for 5 pounds
--
cheers,
John F Hess