[APD] ghost shrimp

 "My local Walmart sells shrimp. I don't know what they are. They look clear, maybe they are sick. If I buy some and put them in my planted tank, will they get any color at all? Maybe they can help eat some of that algae I'm so good at growing. -- Harry MartinCasper, WY"Harry,I bet they are common ghost shrimp.  I put 20 of them in my 55gal about three weeks or so ago, and most are still there.   Some have developed white stripes at their joints.  They may or may not eat the algae, but they are interesting residents of the tank, climbing all over the plants and wood.  When they get bigger, they even have discernible little claws on their front legs you can see them use to eat bits of food.Nick A