Re: [APD] Pogostemon helferi

I know something about the plant -- I grow it.  GIve it a reasonable amount
of light -- mine is getting around 2wpg in a 55 with CO2 and 2 wpg in a 55
with ocasional Excel -- and leave it alone.  Grows fine.  Very little
difference between the growth rate in the 2 tanks -- not an especially fast
grower for me but very healthy.

I never knew why it was considered a difficult plant until these two posts.
I would suggest that anyone wishing to get a start check out the plant
selling forum on places like APC where you can buy stems at reasonable
prices (think I paid $12 including shipping for 8 stems) that come out of
OPT -- other people's tanks.  In fact, there are other "expensive" or "hard
to find" or "difficult to grow" plants available from other hobbyists that I
had real difficulties with until I started getting them out of OPT.

--
Liz