[APD] Algae eaters

This topic has room for a lot of debate. I am one of those who enjoys pleco's for themselves, as opposed to those who think of them solely as "employees". I have kept many pleco's over the years. As for algae consumption, some were better than others. In my experience, the bristlenose pleco has proven the most useful. For that brown diatom algae however, nobody beats otto's, Nooooobody ( as Salty Brine used to say ) I cannot recommend the Gibbicepts. ( probably spelled wrong, but I'm too lazy to search for the correct spelling ) A very good looking pleco, but gets much too large, and is perfectly capable, even when small, of reducing that prized, monstrous piece of driftwood, that you searched years for, into sawdust.