At 05:16 PM 5/22/07 -0300, you wrote:
>Hello again and thanks for the assistance with the light fixture question.
>Now I have another question kinda related to plants.  My own experience and
>from what I've read on here, pH within normal parameters has no effect on
>the health or well being of fish when hardness is held constant.  Do any of
>you know if there are studies or info from reputable sites on the internet
>that I could cite in support of this.  If I'm wrong fill me in.

Rivulins of the old world, JJ Scheel, TFH press, 1968.

Not only is pH not important but he docuemnts moving fish
from any ph to any other pH with no harm. And fish from soft
water to hard water with no harm.

Hard water to soft water causes osmotic shock though, and he
recommends no more than 50% decrease in dissolved solids per day.

--

  X   AGAINST HTML MAIL    / http://new.killi.net
 / \  AND POSTINGS        / http://images.aquaria.net