Brad

There is usually more than one plant in the pot. At least on the Crypts I
buy, the roots circle around the pot and will eventually choke the plant. I
always cut the plastic pot with scissors and then rinse and pull the mineral
wool off of the roots under running water. This separates the plants. It
isn't unusual to get 6-12 good plants out of each pot. Don't worry about
breaking too many roots as you should be cutting the Crypt roots to about
1/2" anyway before planting.

Jerry Smith