[APD] OT: What, me steal?

I believe S. Hieber wrote this email section below:
>Someone menitoned Allofmp3.com as an illigitimate source for files. There's a succinct,
 >albeit brief, summary on AllofMP3.com and it's relationship to some
copyright laws:

So is it illegal for people in the USA or UK to use the site?

Austrialia had a court case where people in USA used their
web servers for 'illegal' use.

The outcome IIRC was :
That it was not *where* the user was in the world that matter. But where the
server was. The server location determined the law applied to the user.

If this was applied to allofmp3...
If its legal in Russia then its legal for people across the world to access
it too.

Seems sensible to me.

--
Stuart Halliday