Re: [APD] my question again

On Thu, 03 May 2007 16:40:41 +0100, <REDRAGON40 at aol_com> wrote:

> Here is a copy of my posted question, Terry:
>OK guys:  Since the list is in a lull, here's a question I've  pondered.
>Can  acid (pH 6.0 +) loving plants adapt  to alkaline (pH  7.8) water better
> than the other way around? (alkaline to acid).
>Carol   < ' )))><

I was under the impression that (virtually all) aquatic plants grew better in hard water, regardless of whether they were a 'soft' or 'hard' water plant, as 'hardness' is nutrients. It's just that some plants are better at dealing with softer water than others.

--
Andrew McLeod
thefish at theabyssalplain_freeserve.co.uk

This email was scanned carefully before transmission to remove any content, information or relevance.