Re: [APD] How much light actually gets down here?

22 inches of clean water will not absorb much light, so you can
assume that the same amount of light will reach the bottom as would
reach that distance with air in the tank.  The only difference I see
is in the reflection off the glass sides of the tank, which will be
different with water in the tank.  How much light you lose in 22
inches depends on the type of reflector you have, if you have one,
since the bulb sitting above the tank with no reflector loses light
proportional to the square of the distance the light travels, but
with a good reflector it loses less than that, and with a perfect
reflector it loses very little.

Vaughn