Re: [APD] Disposing of Unwanted Fish (Vaughn Hopkins)

Vaughn asked,

"I'm just saying we need to view this in context of our general lifestyle,
which for many of us, includes eating cousins of the very creatures we
treasure in our tanks.  Oh, who wants some cherrystone clams as an
appetizer?"

I would enjoy your hospitality with pleasure and without guilt.  However,
the first time I had cherrystone clams on the half shell, when I squeezed
some lemon on one, it started to writhe and threatened to exit it's shell.
My dinner partner enjoyed it, but I have not eaten a raw clam since then.

Oysters and clams on the half shell are still alive.  They are opened just
before they are served, and they linger.

Everybody know that?

Bill