Re: [APD] Disposing of Unwanted Fish

This reminds me of something I read recently.  When the mode for
executions was the guillotine, it was assumed that it would result in
instant death.  But, if you give it a bit of thought, as long as the
brain has oxygenated blood it keeps functioning, so the stories about
Marie Antoinette smiling after her head was lopped off could be true
- for several seconds her brain could have continued to function.

The difficulty I have in relating all of this to a fish is that I
haven't the slightest idea whether or not a fish feels anything at
all as we would think of it.  Do they experience pain?  Do they have
emotions?  Do they experience fear?  I have no idea at all.  And,
given that I have never had any hesitation to kill a fish in order to
eat it, it is hard for me to concern myself over killing fish that
are sick, deformed, etc.  I would never intentionally torture a fish,
but if I have to euthanize one I generally use a garbage disposal,
and don't give it a second thought.  Over the years I have also
flushed them and even tossed them into the flower bed outside.  When
it comes to tiny fish I am a sociopath!

Vaughn