Re: [APD] DIY tanks

Starfire glass is iron free and transparent as (pure) water - it doesn't
have that green tinge when looking on end tha regular glass does.

It's expensive and somewhat rare and can be hard to find. I went to the
glass shop in the city I live closest to (Belleville, Ontario) and despite
the fact they'd been in business since the 30's they'd never heard of it.
Yikes.

"Pyrex" is the same thing. You might notice Pyrex kitchen stuff and the
glass trays in microwaves doesn't have a trace of green either.

If I was going to build a tank I'd use an iron-free glass front too.

"Starfire" is just a brand name. There are presumably other manufacturors
of iron free glass.

--

  X   AGAINST HTML MAIL    / http://new.killi.net
 / \  AND POSTINGS        / http://images.aquaria.net