Re: [APD] Scratched aquarium glass and DIY tanks

On 4/5/07, Jerry Baker <jerry at bakerweb_biz> wrote:

> Glass is more expensive than you think. You will want tempered glass for
> at least the bottom. When I priced out building my own tank, the
> store-bought tanks were cheaper than the glass panes alone.

Yup.  Nano tanks are pretty easy to make from scrap glass which is cheap
enough (free around here) to justify the effort.

You can buff out deep scratches but it's an adventure in using different
grit sizes.  I did that for one scratch I managed to put into an Oceanic 55G
with a tiny piece of Eco complete.

--
Liz