Re: [APD] Interesting BBA Observation

Could the electrical charge helping it to grab hold. Or maybe that's jsut the first place it grabbed hold; some place has to be the first place. Who knows?

----- Original Message ----
From: Jerry Baker <jerry at bakerweb_biz>
To: aquatic plants digest <aquatic-plants at actwin_com>
Sent: Saturday, March 31, 2007 8:01:56 PM
Subject: [APD] Interesting BBA Observation

I have been very slow in putting together my latest tank, and so it has
been running with CO2, no light, no fish, and no plants for a month or
so. The water does have nitrate from using ammonia to trigger bacterial
bloom. I noticed something strange ... BBA appears on the pH monitor
probe (right on the glass bulb) and nowhere else. I cleaned it off with
a toothbrush and it returned. Still nowhere else in the tank. This leads
me to believe that there is something about potassium that BBA likes
since the probe contains KCl as far as I know.

Anyone else have any theories or observations?