I used modellers cyanoacrylate (same thing as "Super Glue" I believe)
to attach rocks in my paludarium. I know several reef tank people who
use it to attach rocks and corals. As far as I know, it is completely
safe when cured.
As for using it to attach a live plant to a rock - it might damage the
plant tissue pretty badly before it cures, not sure. The fumes
straight out of the bottle are pretty noxious too.