[APD] filter recommendations

I have a question for those who have bigger tanks.  What is the best filter setup for a 300 gal tank that will have a number of koi in it?  I know, very tough question to answer.  The two big ones are about 15in long.  Others are smaller, maybe eight to ten koi total.  My friends moved, and must put their koi in a tank until they decide where the pond will go.  They ordered a 300 gal tank from glasscages.com with two built-in overflows.  I recommended getting eight 55W units from AH Supply for the hood.  The Oceanic canisters look pretty good to me, and they already have a pump that is big enough to run one or two of them.Nick A