Re: [APD] New Madagascar Lace Pics

I believe Harry Martin wrote this email section below:
> As hoped, the new flower has popped out of it's pod.
> We got lucky and caught the opening on camera.
>
> http://harrymartincartoons.com/images/aquaticplants/ML_Flower_20070225_1.jpg
> http://harrymartincartoons.com/images/aquaticplants/ML_Flower_20070225_2.jpg
> http://harrymartincartoons.com/images/aquaticplants/ML_Flower_20070225_3.jpg
>
> The amazing thing to see is the stem. It remained flat along the top of
> the water surface until today. It made a curl to angle the flower up out
> of the water to make sure it was above the surface. The stem is about 3
> feet long.

Nice pictures.

I had one that grew a flower and I asked Tropica about propagating it.

They told me it take 4 years for a seed to develop into a bulb.
:-)

http://www.aqualandpetsplus.com/Plant,%20Aponogeton%20fenestralis.htm
This site says once it flowers it dies back. Mine certainly did.

--
Stuart Halliday
http://theaquariumwiki.com/