[APD] More Lace Pics

Trying out my new camera on the Madagascar Lace plant...

These are higher resolution images and thus a tad larger.

This one is the pod which raced to the surface before I could get my
camera setup. It literally flew up to the surface. The pod will break
open and should release the flower, hopefully.
http://harrymartincartoons.com/images/aquaticplants/MLace1_20070222.jpg

The longest leaf is a little over a foot long. Note the younger leaves
have a reddish color to them. As they unfurl and get longer, they turn
green and the perforations get larger.
http://harrymartincartoons.com/images/aquaticplants/MLace2_20070222.jpg

A bigger close up:
http://harrymartincartoons.com/images/aquaticplants/MLace3_20070222.jpg

I sure do like this plant.
When the plant gets what it wants, it grows very fast.

Enjoy,

Harry

--
Harry Martin