Just a heads up-

make sure to buy an electronic heater, as opposed to the old contact type.
Generally, electronic heaters will fail "off".

In a message dated 2/9/2007 11:21:10 AM Eastern Standard Time,
aquatic-plants-request at actwin_com writes:
Message: 1
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 19:12:09 -0700
From: Harry Martin <harry at harrymartincartoons_com>
Subject: Re: [APD] Planted Discus Tank using Natural methods?
To: aquatic plants digest <aquatic-plants at actwin_com>

S. Hieber wrote:
> Animals eat; they poop.

I think this is why I like mailing lists better than forums.
I get to read all the good stuff without hunting for it.

I used to keep discus in a 10 gallon tank with plants. They all got
along just fine, but a 10 gallon tank seemed cruel for some reason.

I eventually graduated to a 55 gallon tank and things got better until a
heater failure raised the temperature enough to boil the plants and the
other fish. The discus loved it. I was not so happy.

My advise is to make sure you have adequate temperature control and
select plants that can take the heat.

Someday, I may try discus again.

Harry

--
Harry Martin
Casper, WY

Gerry Skau
All The World's A Stage, But The Play Is Badly Cast---Oscar Wilde