[APD] Shrimp q's

Hi,

separate email because it's specifically shrimp questions.

After a couple weeks in the tank, it looks like all my Amano shrimp
(7 from the lfs in town) are still alive.  I have only seen one or 2
at a time, but for the past couple of afternoon-evenings, they have
been localized to one spot on a piece of wood.  What's up with that?
Also, I have a ghost shrimp that is getting whiter and opaque.  Is
this old age or growth, indicating he'll be splitting his skin and
getting a new shell?  Last, talking about water, the surface of my
water has a very faint sort of oil slick look on part of it.  I
assume it's not supposed to be there?  Is it from plants/fish/food/
pump/my arm or what?

John F. Hess, Davis California   johnfhess at comcast_net