Re: [APD] 10,000K CF

S. Hieber wrote:
> There's not direct correlation between color temperature and the amount of light output. Diff bulbs can have higher or lower otuput than others regardless of color temp.

Seems like barring any major technological differences, all bulbs should
output roughly equal energies for a given wattage. Since photons are
discrete quanta the actual number of photons emitted from a particular
bulb can vary depending on its color (less higher energy photons - like
blue and more lower energy photons - like red), but the overall energy
output should be the same. Which brings to mind a question: Do plants
care about photon quantities, or energies? Given that PPFD is used to
measure photosynthetic potential, I assume it is the number of photons
that matter. If that is the case, it seems like the lower the color
temperature, the more effective it is for photosynthesis (generating
more photons per watt).

--
"He who throws dirt is sure to lose ground."

Jerry Baker