From: Vaughn Hopkins <hoppycalif at yahoo_com>
To: aquatic plants digest <aquatic-plants at actwin_com>
Sent: Monday, January 15, 2007 1:41:08 PM
Subject: Re: [APD] ADA Aqua Soil

. . . Seriously, I think that when Tom Barr tests something like Aquasoil
and pronounces that it grows at least some plants better than other
substrates, it almost certainly does.  That doesn't mean that
ordinary pool filter sand doesn't grow plants, just that Aquasoil
does it a little better, measurably so, for some plants, at least.
Add to that the low cost per unit volume and Aquasoil isn't just
another "pretty face".