Re: [APD] Algae & Critters

Plants use ammonia as a source of nitrogen, so a tank with lots of
growing plants will use up any ammonia that appears before it can
build up to harmful levels.  Of course there are limits on how much
ammonia the plants will use.  A big dead fish rotting away would
overwhelm the plants ability to use ammonia.  But the normal ammonia
generated from fish poop and small excesses of fish food won't build up.

Vaughn