Re: [APD] Substrate Help

Hi Jeff,
You don't really need laterite or any other substrate additive to
grow plants very well.  Plants all take in nutrients from the water
if they are available, so root feeding is not their primary means of
being fed.  So, I recommend that you stick with the substrate you
have, follow the estimative index method of fertilizing, and enjoy
the aquarium.  The EI method assumes no substrate nutrients, so you
won't need to increase the dosage at all.

Vaughn