Re: [APD] KH reference solution

Dennis Dietz wrote:
> I don't agree with this.  If we are worried about weighing dried powder to .001 or .0001 we certainly need more accuracy than a Walmart measuring cup and measuring 500ml 10 times.  That is 10 times the chance for inaccuracy multiplied by the assumption that the the cheap Chinese knockoff cup is correct.  Plus, which side of the line do we measure to.  Making a .001 measurement and then measuring the water that way is like jogging while smoking.  There is no point, IMO.

If you have a scale that measures to 0.01 g, then you can just measure
the water that way and keep a consistent number of significant digits. 5
liters would be 10x 500g on your scale.

As far as smoking and jogging: exercising as a smoker generally leads to
a longer life than non-smokers who do not exercise at all. So there is a
benefit. Just a nit.

--
"He who throws dirt is sure to lose ground."

Jerry Baker