Well, Liz, you have been in this long enough to remember the "must get"
substrates of yesteryear - Eco, Flour, leonite, and a dozen others.

I have yet to see any controlled experiments (we are big on that here,
right?) that show that any of them are any better than plain 2mm - 3mm inert
gravel, with proper dosing, which the "must get' ones also need.

But someone has to pay for those video gamnes we import, so . . .

Bill