Tell that to Bertand Russell's chicken. Everyday the sun comes up, the farmer walks over, and voila, food is on the ground for the taking -- sun comes up, farmer walks over, food, sun comes up, farmer walks over -- time after time after time and then one morning the farmer's axe just fell.

sh

* * * * * * * * *

----- Original Message ----
From: Bill <Billinet at comcast_net>
To: aquatic-plants at actwin_com
Sent: Thursday, December 7, 2006 6:11:17 PM
Subject: Re: [APD] Aquatic-Plants Digest, Vol 40, Issue 9

>>Until such time as someone runs actual experiments, writes them up in a
journal article that includes proof of the mechanisms of causation, and
publishes the articles in appropriate peer-reviewed journals then all anyone
can talk about is coincidence rather than causation.  Anything less than
that is not authoritative no matter who says it unless it happens to be
written on stone tablets by a divinity.>>

Well of course!  <g>

If I tell my neighbor that I found the trout to be feeding on green caddis
flies, that is just an observation and without scientific merit, but if he
then goes to the stream and fishes with green caddis flies, he is more
likely than not to be successful.

It would be interesting to know why the trout are more interested in green
caddis flies today, but not essential to the catching of them.  To the best
of my knowledge, nobody has published the reason for that preference, either
in peer-reviewed journals or fishing magazines.

Truth is what works, eh?

Bill